Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 1 of Product Week: Dermalogica

This week I have decided to post about my favorite products and/or product tips. Today will be a combination of both.

Over the past few years, my skin has really had its ups and downs. I would say right now it is at a high, with the exception of maybe some dryness from this cold winter that will never end. The skin care line I chose to use on my face (with the exception of a cleanser) is Dermalogica. The only reason I do not use their cleansers daily is because my skin tends to be sensitive and it is loving a Neutrogena product I am using and I don’t want to mess with it.

If you look at the Dermalogica website you can see their line is extensive, and not the cheapest, but I promise you that it is worth it!

One of my newest tries with them is their Cover Tint which is a tinted moisturizer – LIFE SAVER! It helps give you a light coat of color before your makeup while hydrating with a glow. They also have another tinted moisturized called Sheer Tint for lighter coverage.

If you really want to elongate the usage of this product, try mixing both your regular moisturizer with the tinted moisturizer. I like to put two strips of each on my hand, as seen below…then I mix them together on my hands and on throughout my face. It gives me the extra moisture I need at this time of year and saves me from feeling like I need to pack on the foundation to get some color in my skin.



This tip can truly be used with any product that you may use in the same area. For instance, do you use a self-tanner on your legs in the winter when you need to wear a dress? Tanning products can often be drying and no one needs to have flakes in the winter unless they are snow! Try mixing it with your moisturizer so you can hydrate while giving yourself a color that looks more natural.

Speaking of tan…My favorite fact about Dermalogica is that most of its products have an SPF in it – SO important! When we visited in Jamaica in January, the tinted moisturizer and primer were exactly what I needed. They both have a light feel and the SPF was much needed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment